Information for our Members Impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation
During this unprecedented time, we want to thank you for trusting your financial wellness with us. Due to the increased public health concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the increased urgency surrounding social distancing, we have decided that effective Thursday, March 19, 2020, we will transition our branch access to the drive-up window and ATMs, and by limited appointment. We believe at this time this is in our best interest to serve you while adhering to the suggested limited interactions and social distancing protocols for the safety of our staff and our members.
All Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union drive-up hours will be expanded to accommodate your needs. Also, we will have availability for appointment only consultations, loan processing, and other needs. Please contact your Loan Officer or our Member Contact Center at 978.452.5001 to schedule an appointment. During these appointments we will practice social distancing protocols to assure everybody’s safety.
Expanded Drive-up Hours: A complete list of our branch locations can be found here.
|Lobby||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only|
|Extended Drive-Up Hours||7:30am-5pm||7:30am-5pm||7:30am-5pm||7:30am-6pm||7:30am-6pm||7:30am-1pm|
|Mortgage & Commercial Loans||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only||Appointment Only|
Our Member Contact Center will continue to operate during regular business hours and may be reached at 978.452.5001 to assist you. For cash withdrawals, our network of 50,000+ surcharge-free ATMs in the SUM and CO-Op networks are readily available. To find an ATM near you click here.
If you decide that the best course of action for you is to limit your public interactions until the threat subsides, there are several options for you to bank using a variety of access points:
- Drive-up windows and ATMs are located at all of our branches. You can find a complete list here.
- Online and mobile banking is available 24/7 and allows you to view your accounts, transfer money, deposit checks, and open a new account or loan application. If you haven’t set up your online account, now would be a perfect time. Click here to get started.
- Our Debit/ATM cards can be used to access cash, make deposits or check your balance at our ATMs.
- Our Member Contact Center is here to assist you during regular business hours by calling 978.452.5001. You may also contact them via online chat on our website.
- Our Call24 automated phone line is available 24/7 by calling 978.452.5001.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
(click each questions to expand its answer)
1. Will you be closing your branches?
No. The Credit Union is considered an essential service much like hospitals, pharmacies, and grocery stores. We have made some adjustments to the way we are operating during this time, but we will not be closing. Our members will always have access to the accounts and services you count on Jeanne D’Arc to deliver to you.
2. Have business hours been affected or changed?
Yes. Effective Thursday, March 19 and until further notice, we are limiting access to our branch lobbies to by appointment only services that cannot be handled through other means of contact. We have expanded our drive-up hours and our Member Contact Center is available during these same hours to assist members over the phone. Also, our 24-hour call line is available at 978.452.5001.
Jeanne D’Arc has a dedicated webpage with information about how the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is impacting our business hours or services.
3. How can I access my accounts without going to a branch?
You can find detailed information on our online and mobile capabilities here. You can log in to mobile or online banking or download the Mobile App where you can easily deposit checks, pay bills, and manage your money remotely.
Our 24-hour telephone banking line, Call24 is also available by calling 978.452.5001 and choosing option #1. You can transfer money, check account balances and more via Call24. Our Member Contact Center will remain open regular business hours through online chat on our website or by calling 978.452.5001.
4. Who do I contact if I can’t make my loan payment?
Jeanne D’Arc is ready to do all that we can to help members who are experiencing hardship during this difficult time. Please contact the Member Contact Center (978.452.5001) to discuss your situation and request support, advice or assistance.
5. Why would I need an appointment?
There are very few services that cannot be completed without coming into a branch. Notary is an example of a service that needs to be completed in person. These services remain available, but we ask that you schedule an appointment by calling our Member Contact Center at 978.452.5001.
6. Should I expect longer than normal wait times on the phone?
Yes. These are unprecedented times and therefore we are fielding a higher volume of calls than usual. We have added to our Member Contact Center staff to try and reduce wait times as much as possible.
For faster service, we encourage you to use online chat as well as our Call24 or log in to online banking.
7. Should I expect payments and deposits process by mail to take longer than usual?
Possibly. For the health and safety of our members and employees, the Jeanne D’Arc team has implemented best practices around social distancing. We have put alternate plans in place and our goal is not to have any delay or interruption in service.
To quickly and easily deposit checks, pay bills, and manage your money at home 24/7, we encourage you to use our mobile app on a smartphone or tablet or log in to Online Banking.
8. Will the processing of my direct deposit be impacted?
No. There are currently no service interruptions to our ability to process direct deposit. Your direct deposit should post as normal. If you find there is any disruption in receiving your direct deposit, please contact your employer to ensure that it was sent.
9. Will the opening or processing of my loan application be delayed?
Possibly. We are continuing to process all loans and other transactions as quickly as possible, but there could be a delay in our ability to handle applications as quickly as usual. If there is a delay or we need to schedule an appointment to finish processing, we will notify you.
10. Am I still able to withdraw my money if I need access to cash?
Yes. If you need to withdraw cash, you may do so at any of our branch drive-up windows or ATMs. You can also withdraw cash from our network of 50,000+ surcharge-free ATMs in the SUM and CO-Op networks. You can locate an ATM near you here.
11. Is the money I have deposited at Jeanne D’Arc safe?
Yes. Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union is insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) which operates the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF). Also, Jeanne D’Arc is also insured by the Massachusetts Credit Union Share Insurance Corporation (MSIC) for shares and deposits in excess of the NCUA limits.
- Jeanne D’Arc insures up to $250,000 through the NCUA.
- Shares and deposits in excess of NCUA limits are fully insured by MSIC.
12. Is Jeanne D’Arc offering financial assistance to those impacted by COVID-19?
As always, we stand ready to assist members who may need assistance. We encourage members to contact us as soon as possible if they become impacted. We are also monitoring state and national programs that may be available to our members. We will continue to share information on our Coronavirus web page.
13. How is Jeanne D’Arc taking care of its employees during this time?
We are committed to helping our employees navigate this ever-evolving and difficult situation. We have put a variety of safety measures into action to protect them including implementation of social distancing protocols, remote access, and limiting our branch access. We will continue to work with employees on a case-by-case basis on their individual needs.
Employees who are sick are remaining home so that they can take the necessary time to recuperate and help prevent the spread of germs to others.
Please be aware of fraud! In times like these scammers take advantage of people. Be aware of phishing emails related to the Coronavirus. Here are a few tips to keep you safe from fraudsters:
- Check the sender’s email address for grammatical errors—including emails that may seem like they come from a legitimate organization.
- Emails from Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union will always come from jdcu.com.
- Jeanne D’Arc will never ask you for personal information via email.
For up-to-date information on the Coronavirus, please visit these sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health