2010 Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Overdraft Opt-In Form
On August 15, 2010, Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union will not authorize and pay overdrafts caused by one-time debit card transactions unless you authorize us to do so below.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees: An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, or a link to overdraft line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
Please note that we pay overdrafts at our discretion. This means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $27.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my one-time debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on one-time debit card transactions, you must opt-in through your Online Banking account.
Action Required: Please select your account number(s) from the drop down menu(s) and place a checkmark in the box below to indicate your overdraft coverage preferences. Please click the “Submit” button once the form is completed. Thank you.
Email us at eMemberServices@jdcu.com, call us at 978-452-5001 or visit any convenient branch.