Mobile Banking FAQs
1. How do I access Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking?
In order to access Mobile Banking, you simply need to be a Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Online Banking member, have a valid Online Banking username and password and have a mobile device that is Internet enabled and has a data plan.
You can access Mobile Banking on either the Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Mobile App, available on the Apple and Android App Stores, or on your mobile Internet browser by typing in jdcu.com. Use your Online Banking username and password to log in and access your accounts on both the app and on your Internet browser.
2. How do I know if my mobile device is Internet enabled?
Your carrier (e.g. Verizon, Sprint etc.) or the phone manual/guide should contain this information. Note that even though your phone may be capable you will need to determine if you have purchased a data plan.
3. How do I know if I have a data plan on my mobile device?
Check with your phone provider or last billing invoice.
4. Are data and email plans the same?
Not always. Check with your carrier for what you are subscribed for and for what is available with your mobile device.
5. Who is Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking provider?
Digital Insight powers Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Online Banking.
6. Which mobile devices are supported?
You can access Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking from any Internet-enabled mobile device, such as iPhone, Android, iPad or a Tablet.
7. How does Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking handle Security?
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking is encrypted using the Wireless Transport Layer Security (WTLS) protocol, which provides the highest level of security available today. Additionally, all data that passes between the wireless gateway, Digital Insight’s Servers and Jeanne D’Arc’s web servers is encrypted using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) layer.
Here is more information on wireless security and how to protect yourself.
8. Is there a fee to use Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking?
No. Mobile Banking is free of charge. However, check with your Mobile Phone Carrier for fees related to your internet and data plan subscription.
9. What Online Banking services does Mobile Banking include?
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking includes the following Online Banking services:
- Account Summaries
- Account Transaction History
- Pay Bills
- View Pending Bill Payments
- Cancel Pending Bill Payments
- View Bill Payment Histories
- Purchase Rewards
- Set up new bill pay payees
- Remotely deposit checks
10. How much Online Banking account history can I view with my mobile device?
You can view your current month’s history with Mobile Banking. If you have more than 10 transactions, you will see a “next” link at the bottom of your page.
11. Does Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking include SMS Text Alerts or Active Messaging?
Not at this time.
12. Why am I being asked to provide a phone number or email address to verify my identity?
If you login and are asked to provide a valid email or phone number, this means you have not enrolled the computer or device you are on, therefore it is unrecognized by Online Banking. When you enter in an email or phone number, you will receive a unique verification code via email or text message and be prompted to enter this code in in order to be granted access to Online Banking. This gives you extra protection from fraud and identity theft when you bank online.
13. How can I enroll my mobile device?
iOS users can enroll their mobile device by clicking the bottom “more”tab in the mobile app, clicking on “Settings,”and turning on “Remember this device.”Android users can also enroll their devices by clicking the “more”option and selecting “Remember this device.”
14. What happens if I get locked out of Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking?
If you get locked out of Mobile Banking, you must call Jeanne D’Arc’s Member Service Center to reset your password. Your password will be reset. Once your password is reset, you can log onto Mobile Banking using your username and new temporary password.
15. Can I use Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile or Online Banking if I don’t have a Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union account?
No. You must be a Jeanne D’Arc member with at least one Online Banking User ID and Password in order to use Mobile Banking.
16. Why do I occasionally receive the following message when logged in to Mobile Banking – “This page is configured to automatically refresh. Do you want to allow this? Yes | No.”?
This message occurs when the session has expired after approximately five minutes of being idle. The page will try to refresh to log you out. This pop-up is your mobile device warning you of this. We would recommend selecting Yes as this will take you back to the login or home page.
17. I am able to view the home page of Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking on my Pocket PC, but when I attempt to log in I get an error message.
When you attempt to gain access to a secure Web site from Windows CE, you may receive the following error message:
- “Unable to establish secure connection”
Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer may issue either of the following error messages:
- “The page you are looking for cannot be found” or “Unable to establish secure connection”
To resolve this issue, update to the Microsoft High Encryption Pack for Pocket PC. This add-on supports MD% certificates with the new hashing algorithm. Download the needed file, then synchronize your pocket PC.
18. How do I access Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Online Banking on my Palm?
First, please ensure that your PalmOne Handheld has an Internet connection via a wireless Internet service provider (Wireless ISP). Once you verify that you can connect to the Internet, you can access Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Banking by simply entering the following URL in your browser: m.jdcu.com ormobile.jdcu.com.
19. How do I access Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Mobile Online Banking on my RIM Blackberry Pager?
You must ensure that you have a browser, such as the Go.web browser, installed on your RIM Blackberry. If you are not sure if your RIM Blackberry has a browser installed, please check with your service provider. Once you verify that you have a browser, you may simply enter our URL in your browser: m.jdcu.com or mobile.jdcu.com.
20. Why am I unable to log in using my Blackberry Phone?
Please check the settings on your Blackberry phone to ensure it is enabled to browse Secure/SSL sites.
21. When I attempt to go to m.jdcu.com or mobile.jdcu.com, I get an error message.
You may get the message:
- “Access Denied: Insecure SSL Request”
When clicking on More Info, you may also receive the following message:
- “Your MDS has been configured to deny SSL requests to servers that have certificates which are untrusted or expired. Try using Device Side SSL which can be modified in your TLS Options. Contact your system administrator with any questions.”
If you receive these messages, change your Blackberry Options settings as follows: Select Options, then TLS; under the TLS Default, select Change Option to “Handheld,” not “Proxy.”
22. I keep getting locked out of my account when I try and log in on my mobile phone. Why doesn’t it accept my log-in information?
Using your mobile phone to enter data takes a little practice. Passwords are case sensitive; make sure you are entering your password exactly as it is set up. If your password begins with a lower-case letter, you may need to use your phone’s shift key to change the default from upper case. In addition, some phones require extra shift key presses to enter numbers instead of letters.
23. Why can’t I see the first few transactions of my account history?
Due to the screen size on the mobile phone, only a limited amount of information can be displayed. Some mobile phones take you to the middle or bottom of a new page instead of the top. To make sure you are at the top of the page, use the up arrow key on the phone to scroll all the way to the top of the page. If you want to view more information below, use the down arrow key to scroll down until you come to a “More” or “Next” link. When you click on “More” or “Next”, it will take you to the next page of information.
24. How do I know if my phone is web-enabled?
If you have a MiniBrowser, MicroBrowser or Wireless Web on your phone’s main menu, then it is web-enabled. Contact your mobile phone carrier to confirm that your phone is web-enabled and that the service is activated.