Fraud Education and Protection
Fraud can come in many forms, including identity theft, debit and credit card fraud, check fraud and a wide variety of scams. Knowing how to protect yourself and being armed with the right resources to report these types of crimes is key to staying ahead of the fraudsters. The tabs below contain information on how to report debit/credit card fraud, signs that you may be a victim of identity theft, how to enroll in convenient protective services, and helpful articles.
- Report Debit/Credit Card Fraud
- Fraud Text Alerts
- Identity Theft
- VISA® Purchase Alerts
- Restoration Rescue®
- Helpful Articles
If you see transactions on your account that you don’t recognize, please call to report suspicious activity or block your card.
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union VISA® Debit Cards:
- Contact Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union’s Member Service Center at 978-452-5001 or visit your nearest branch to report the charges during regular business hours.
- If you suspect fraudulent charges on your VISA® debit card after normal business hours, please call 866-842-5208.
Having an issue with your ATM or VISA® Debit Card? Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union offers 24/7 support. Simply call our Card Care Center at 833-405-0528 to get assistance with:
- Why isn’t my card working?
- Placing Travel Notes
- Requesting replacement card(s)
- Updates on an order status
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union VISA® Credit Cards:
- Please contact 855-594-3250 to report any unauthorized transactions.
Jeanne D’Arc now offers free Fraud Text Alerts for suspicious ATM/VISA® Debit Card transactions.
You’ll enjoy the benefits of:
- Fraud Text Alerts making it safer and secure to detect fraud
- Validate transactions in real-time
- Minimize the fraud exposure window
How does this work?
Jeanne D’Arc uses state-of-the-art tools to monitor your account for suspicious transactions and activity. If unusual purchasing patterns or locations are detected, We will send a text message asking you to validate the purchase.
Here’s is an example of a text message you’ll receive:
“Free MSG JDCU Fraud Center 0005550000 $201.45 on card 1234 at STORE NAME. If valid reply YES, fraud NO. To Opt Out, STOP.”
- If your reply is YES:
“Free MSG JDCU Fraud Center 0005550000 Thank you for confirming this activity. You may continue to use your card. To Opt Out reply STOP.”
- If your reply is NO:
“Free MSG JDCU Fraud Center 0005550000 your response has placed a block on the card. Call us immediately at 833-405-0530 avail 24/7. To Opt Out reply STOP.”
Make sure to add our text message alert number of 37-268 to your contacts, so you don’t miss any messages. This added protection to your ATM/VISA® Debit Card is automatic and free to all cardholders.
If you have any questions, or ever see a suspicious transaction on your ATM/VISA® Debit Card, please call our Card Care Center at 833-405-0528.
Signs you may be a victim of identity theft:
- You receive credit cards in the mail that you did not apply for.
- You stop receiving mail you typically receive.
- Collectors contact you regarding accounts you did not open yourself.
- You notice errors or unrecognized accounts on your credit report.
- You receive a bill from a doctor you do not know.
- You see charges on your credit card account you did not make.
- You have arrest warrants for crimes you did not commit.
- You receive a data breach notice from a financial institution or company you are not involved with.
- Your rates go up unexpectedly.
- You receive a tax refund before you file.
What to do:
- File a report with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) online or call the FTC Identity Theft Hotline at 1-877-438-4338.
- File an Identity Theft Police Report with your local police department.
- Contact one of the three credit reporting agencies to place a fraud alert on your credit report:
- Close any accounts opened without your permission.
- Contact the businesses or lenders where your identity was unlawfully used to inform them of your ID theft situation.
- Continue to monitor your credit report and accounts.
How to enroll:
- To get started click here to check your card eligibility and start the registration process. To check your card eligibility, enter the first 9 digits of your VISA® Credit or Debit Card.
- If your card is eligible, you will see a green “Success” dropdown and be asked to create your account. This is the account you will use to add new VISA® Credit and Debit cards, establish your alert settings and view alert history.
- After entering in your account information, you will receive a confirmation code via the email address you entered. Enter the code to continue.
- You will then be directed to the next page to enter the complete card information and add your card to your VISA® Purchase Alerts Account.
- After you add your card and click “Create Account,” you can then establish your purchase alert settings. Here, you can choose the amount of a purchase that warrants an alert, whether you would like to be alerted for a purchase made with your card outside of the United States and when a purchase is made online or by phone. You can also choose how you would like to be alerted, either by Email or Text.
- Your email alerts will be sent to the email address you provided when you set up your account. If you would like to receive text message alerts, check the box next to Text. A box will appear where you will click “Add” or “Later” to enter your mobile number now or at a later time.
- Click Add, then enter your mobile number.
- After accepting the disclosure, you will receive a text message with a confirmation code. Enter the code to finish adding your mobile number to your account. Then, complete your alert settings and click Save Changes.
Our Identity Theft and Security Center Program featuring Restoration Rescue®* is offered exclusively with our program, Member Perks. With Restoration Rescue®, you are armed with the right tools, resources and individuals to not only protect yourself against Identity Theft, but to get your identity back in the event you become a victim of this crime.
Restoration Rescue® provides you with a licensed team of attorneys, specialized in identity restoration, who will guide you through the process of getting your identity back. The program also offers reimbursements for replacing lost or stolen documents, such as your Driver’s License, passport and birth certificate, provides assistance with setting up Fraud Alerts with each of the credit bureaus, and more.
The best part? Restoration Rescue® comes at no extra cost to you when you enroll in Member Perks with an eligible checking or savings account**.
To learn more about Member Perks, and to find out how to sign up, click here.
Enrollment in Restoration Rescue® begins automatically 10 business days from your enrollment in Member Perks.
For business members, Members Perks is free with a Build Checking or BuildStrong Checking Account, and is $5.99 per month with a Community Checking account. For individuals, Member Perks is free for the first 90 days and then $5.99 per month, beginning on the first of the month after the 90-day free trial period has ended. Eligible consumer accounts include Fee Free Checking, Premier Checking, Senior Fee Free Checking, Senior Premier Checking, Statement Savings, Passbook Savings, Senior Statement Savings, Senior Passbook Savings and Money Market Savings.
Visit The Money Mill’s Fraud and ID Theft page for additional information.