Go green, save some green
The Mass Save® HEAT Loan Program gives you the opportunity to qualify for a 0% interest loan, for use towards qualifying energy efficiency improvements for your home.
Zero % Interest
With a Mass Save HEAT Loan, you never pay more than what you borrow, so that you can upgrade your home’s energy efficiency without financial stress. Get started with your FREE Home Energy Assessment.
Loans up to $25,000
A more energy-efficient state is in all of our best interests. That’s why Mass Save HEAT Loans have flexible terms to meet your needs. Check out the available rebates and incentives that will pay off with lower energy costs and improved home comfort.
- Schedule a NO COST Mass Save HEAT Loan Home Energy Assessment online or by calling 866-527-7283
- A Mass Save representative will assess your energy efficiency improvement needs and determine what improvements are eligible for financing.
- The representative will provide a HEAT Loan Intake Form, Program Steps, and Minimum Standards and Requirements at the time of assessment
- Find a Mass Save approved contractor and obtain a proposal(s) for the energy-efficient improvements you want to finance
- Send the proposal(s) for review and approval to your Mass Save HEAT Loan representative along with your HEAT Loan Intake Form.
- If your improvements qualify, you will receive a Mass Save HEAT Loan Authorization Form.
- Bring this with you to Jeanne D’Arc along with any other requirements for financing and finalizing your loan
- Schedule your contractor to complete the work within 90 days
- Once complete, pay your contractor with the check supplied by Jeanne D’Arc
- A Mass Save representative will then conduct a post-installation inspection on your new energy-efficiency improvements
- After a passing inspection, sign the check over to your contractor and any additional eligible rebates are processed.
- Applies to owner-occupied 1-4 family residences only
- Available to Massachusetts residents only
- Must schedule a no-cost Mass Save Home Energy Assessment
- Financing and incentives are applied toward your total project cost
- You may also be eligible for no-cost products like LED light bulbs, advanced power strips, and more
No-interest loans are available for home energy efficiency improvements through the Mass Save HEAT Loan Program. As a participating lender, we offer these no-interest loans on qualifying improvements including:
- Attic, wall, and basement insulation
- High-efficiency heating systems
- Central air conditioning/air source heat pumps
- Ductless mini-split heat pumps
- High efficiency domestic hot water systems
- Solar hot water systems
- 7-day digital & Wi-Fi thermostats
- EnergyStar® qualified replacement windows
The Mass Save Residential Energy Assessment is free to all Residential customers served by the participating electric and gas utilities.
Yes, a participating gas utility customer may be eligible for a loan through the HEAT Loan program for gas-only measures. A customer must first obtain a Mass Save HEAT Loan Authorization form (for Residential customers) through their participating gas utility. Participating gas utilities include:
- Columbia Gas of Massachusetts
- New England Gas Company
- NSTAR Gas
- Unitil Gas
Check with a Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Member Service Representative to see if your utility company is participating in the HEAT Loan program.
No. Financing is only available for energy efficiency projects. Please refer to the list of eligible measures (listed on www.masssave.com), which includes heating systems, hot water systems, solar hot water, insulation upgrades, and window replacements.
Mass Save® rebates and incentives may be available to homeowners, renters, and landlords. Being more energy efficient will pay off with lower energy costs and improved home comfort.
*Customers must meet the Mass Save program eligibility requirements to participate. Eligibility for the HEAT Loan Program is based on completing a Home Energy Assessment and pre-approval. Some restrictions apply and offers are subject to change or cancellation. Financing is subject to credit approval. Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit MassSave.com/HeatLoan or call 1-866-527-SAVE (7283) for details and to learn more about the program. Available to Massachusetts residents only.