1. How secure is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is considered to be more secure than using an ordinary plastic debit or credit card.
- Every transaction on your iPhone or iPad requires you to authenticate with Touch ID or your passcode.
- Your card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual card numbers aren’t stored on your device or on Apple servers.
- Apple Pay does not store details of your transactions. Your most recent transactions can be viewed in Wallet, but only for your convenience.
2. How do I set up Apple Pay on my iPhone or iPad?
To use Apple Pay, you need to first add a debit, credit, or store credit card into your Wallet App.
- Be sure your cellular data is on for the Wallet App. To do this, go to Settings, scroll down to find the Wallet App to turn it on.
- To add your Jeanne D’Arc Credit/Debit card on your iPhone, open Wallet and tap in the + on the upper-right corner. If you do not see the app icon on your home screen, look in the “Extras” category folder.
- If you already have your card on file with iTunes, you can quickly add it by typing in the security code when prompted.
- You can also choose to add a different card using the iSight camera or by entering your card information manually.
- Your bank will verify adding the card to Apple Pay.
- They might ask you to provide more information to complete the verification process.
- To add a credit or debit card on iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap Add Credit or Debit Card, then follow the same steps for iPhone above.
3. How do I set up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch?
Apple Pay for Apple Watch can be used on iPhone 5 and later.
- To add a card already set up on your iPhone:
- Go to the Apple Watch App and click the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down and click Wallet and Apple Pay.
- Tap “Add” next to the card you want to add and follow the instructions.
- To add a new card:
- Tap add debit or credit card, click next and follow the instructions.
4. Where and how can I use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay can be used at any store that has a contactless payment method on their card machines. Look for these symbols to know that you can make your purchase with Apple Pay. Once prompted, simply hold your device over the contactless card reader with your finger on the home button to activate the Touch ID. That’s it.
To pay with your Apple Watch, double-click the side button and hold your watch over the reader. Note: The default card will show, but if you want to change cards, just swipe.
To make in-app purchases, look for these symbols within the payment options to pay with Touch ID:
5. Will I have to sign a receipt when paying with Apple Pay?
Depending on the store and the transaction amount, you may need to sign a receipt when paying with Apple Pay.
6. What happens if my iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch is lost or stolen?
Apple Pay requires you to use Touch ID or a passcode in order to successfully make any purchase. These components prevent other people from using Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch who do not have access or permission to use those features.
7. What should I do if my iPhone or iPad is lost or stolen?
You can go to icloud.com/find or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay. Your cards will be suspended or removed from Apple Pay even if your device is offline and not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. You can also call your bank to suspend or remove your cards from Apple Pay.
8. Can I continue to use my plastic credit or debit cards if I suspend or remove my cards in Wallet?
When you suspend or remove your cards in Wallet, it does not affect the actual plastic cards you carry. You may still use your plastic cards whenever you would like to make a purchase.
9. Other notes:
The first card you add into Wallet will be your default card. To change your default card, open Wallet, touch and hold the card you want to make the default and drag in front of the other cards.
To change the default on your iPad, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap “Default Card” and choose a new card.
To change your default card on your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab, scroll down and tap Wallet & Apple Pay, tap “Default Card” and tap a card.