Deposit Anywhere FAQs
1. What is Deposit Anywhere?
This is a secure service offered by Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union that allows you to deposit checks, electronically, to your Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union account(s). Through Online Banking, you can scan checks from your desktop scanner or use your iPhone or Android mobile device to make deposits with your camera.
2. What are the requirements to use Deposit Anywhere?
You must be 16 years of age or older with a valid email address. You must also be a registered Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Online Banking user.
3. Is there a fee?
No, this service is free* for Jeanne D’Arc members.
* If using your mobile device, message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. Check with your provider for specific fees and charges.
Note: Business accounts will incur a per-item fee if the number of checks deposited exceeds the allowed limit. Please refer to the Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union Business Fee & Service Charge Schedule.
4. What are the hardware and software specifications to use Deposit Anywhere?
The following are the environments currently supported by Deposit Anywhere:
- Windows XP with Internet Explorer 7+, or Vista with Internet Explorer 7+
- Windows XP or Vista, with Firefox 2+
- Mac OS X 10.6 with Safari 3+
*Safari on Mac OS X v10.6+ must be run in 32-bit mode
- Mac OS X 10.6 with Firefox 2+
- TWAIN-compliant document scanner (To find out if your scanner is compliant, please refer to the documentation that was supplied with the scanner. You can also select “Help with Scanners and Drivers” from within the Deposit Anywhere widget.)
- iPhone® or Android™ Mobile Devices
5. How do I sign up for Deposit Anywhere?
Login to Online Banking from a desktop computer or the mobile app and select Deposit Anywhere from the menu. Read and accept the User Agreement and allow two (2) business days for your registration to be reviewed and approved. You will receive an email notification with the status of your registration request.
6. How do I deposit a check using Deposit Anywhere?
You can make a deposit either by using a desktop computer and its connected scanner or your camera on your Apple or Android mobile device using our mobile banking app.
Select Deposit Anywhere from the menu.
- If you have not already, read and accept the User Agreement. Note: In may take up to two business days for your registration request to be approved.
- From the dropdown, select the account you wish to deposit the check into using Deposit Anywhere.
- Be sure the check includes all the necessary information, including the proper endorsement (signature).
- Select your scanner device (the first time you use the service you will be prompted to install a scanner control, you will only need to do this once).
- Enter the total deposit amount of your check(s).
- Scan the front and back of your check(s).
- Review and submit your deposit.
From mobile app:
Endorse the check with the words “For Mobile Deposit” AND the payee’s signature.
- Select Deposit Anywhere from the left-side menu.
- Select the account you wish to deposit the check into using Deposit Anywhere.
- Fill in the required information on the screen.
- Take a picture of the front of the check.
- Take a picture of the back of the check.
- Click deposit.
7. What types of checks does Deposit Anywhere work with?
- Single-party, domestic checks made payable to the owner(s) of the Jeanne D’Arc account.
- Savings Bonds
- Foreign checks
- Third party checks
- Photocopies of checks
- Checks written to you that are drawn on any other account you may have
- Items stamped “non-negotiable”
- Incomplete checks
- Stale-dated or post-dated checks
- Checks that contain evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Checks purported to be a lottery or prize winning
- Checks previously submitted for deposit
8. Are there any deposit limits?
Yes, default deposit limits are set as follows and are subject to review and change at any time.
Consumer Members age 18 or older
- Per check limit – $2,500.00
- Daily deposit limit – $2,500.00
- Rolling 30 day deposit limit – $20,000.00
Consumer Members age 16-17
- Per check limit – $500.00
- Daily deposit limit – $1,000.00
- Rolling 30 day deposit limit – $2,000.00
- Per check limit – $5,000.00
- Daily deposit limit – $5,000.00
- Rolling 30 day deposit limit – $30,000
9. Do I need to include a deposit slip with my scanned check deposit?
No. Deposit Anywhere generates an electronic record with each deposit.
10. How many checks can be included in one deposit? Can multiple deposits be submitted each day?
Up to 999 checks can be included in one deposit and multiple deposits can be submitted as long as the accumulated dollar amount of the deposit(s) does not exceed the daily deposit limit.
11. When will my deposit be credited to my account?
Deposits received before 3:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) will be credited to your account on the same business day. Deposits received after 3:00 pm EST will be credited to your account on the next business day.
Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
12. Is the check hold policy different when checks are deposited through Deposit Anywhere?
The check hold policy is the same as defined in the Funds Availability Disclosure.
13. What should I do with the check once it has been deposited?
You must securely store each original check(s) for a period of sixty (60) days after you receive confirmation that your deposit has been accepted. You will receive an email notification when your deposit is accepted. You can also check your transactions within Online Banking or refer to your monthly statements. Once you acknowledge acceptance of the deposit, you can destroy the original check(s) by shredding or another secure method. Please note, you are solely responsible and liable for the security and storage of the original checks and take full responsibility for any loss or misappropriation of these checks.
14. How do I get a copy of my deposit?
Click on the Deposit History Tab at the top right corner Deposit Anywhere to view a listing of your electronic deposits. If you click on the icon, you can view the deposit details along with a copy of the items included in that deposit. If you click on the icon, you can download a copy of the deposit and print it or save it as a file on your computer for your records.
On the Jeanne D’Arc Mobile App, select Deposit Anywhere and then click the “History” tab at the top.
15. How long is my deposit history available for viewing?
Deposit history is available for viewing online for 18 months. For deposit history older than 18 months, you can contact our Member Service Center at 978-452-5001.
16. How much time do I have to complete my deposit?
Twenty (20) minutes. The Deposit Anywhere session will timeout after twenty minutes of inactivity. There is a session timeout clock displayed on the top right corner of the screen. During the last five minutes of the session, the clock time will appear in red. Every time the page is changed, the clock refreshes.
17. If I have questions, where can I go to receive help?
Our Deposit Anywhere software is designed as an easy-to-use, self-service product with a built-in “Help” section. Select “Help” or on each line of the process for a detailed explanation. You can also call our Member Service Center at 978-452-5001.