1. What is Money Compass?
Money Compass is our personal finance management tool. It allows you to:
- Create a budget for each of your accounts
- Set up multiple personalized savings goals for strong saving habits
- View your spending analytics so you know exactly where your money is going
- Link your accounts at other financial institutions to manage your overall financial well-being.
2. How do I enroll in Money Compass?
Log into your online banking and go to your Settings. In the Accounts Tab, click Money Compass Settings. This will give you the option to subscribe. You can also visit the Budgets or Savings Goals widget, or select the Analytics Tab within each your account’s details. Each of these will give you the option to accept the Terms and Conditions and enroll in Money Compass.
*Please note: If you were enrolled in our previous finance management tool, FinanceWorksTM, you will automatically be enrolled in Money Compass. If you were in the free trial period with FinanceWorksTM, Money Compass will pick up right where FinanceWorksTM left off.
3. Why should I use Money Compass?
By using Money Compass, you will have a complete, personalized and detailed look at your spending. By setting up budgets, you’ll be able to stay on track. Savings goals allow you to watch your savings grow so you can keep working for what you want. Analytics helps you see exactly what you’re spending your hard-earned money on. By having a complete picture of your finances easily accessible, you will be able to make better financial choices.
4. Is Money Compass free to use?
You can enjoy this great tool for FREE for the first 6 months. Afterwards, there will be a $4.99 per month fee for individuals and a $6.99 per month fee for businesses. You may choose the account from which this fee will be deducted within your Money Compass settings within online banking.
5. How do I link my external accounts?
To link accounts you have at other financial institutions, you will need to provide information about your accounts, including the full name on the account, routing number and account number. We will then make two small deposits into those external accounts. You will be asked to confirm those amounts within your online banking. This verifies your access and validates authenticity. Once confirmed, your accounts will be linked for Money Compass access and external transfer functionality.
6. Is my account information secure?
Yes! As with all of our other online services, you can only access Money Compass after logging in to our secure Online Banking site at www.jdcu.com. Should anyone try to access your account from an unrecognized device, they will be prompted to verify their identity via text message or email or be asked to answer security questions previously set-up by yourself. This enhanced login security feature ensures that only you can access your account information.
7. Is Money Compass available on mobile devices?
Yes! You can access your budgets and savings goals on your mobile device.
8. How do I unenroll from Money Compass?
We hope you found Money Compass useful, but understand if you want to unenroll. You can unenroll in the following ways:
- Money Compass settings – Visit the Accounts tab within your Settings. Click the Money Compass Settings button and select unsubscribe.
- Email – Login to Online Banking and visit the Message Center to send us a secure message with your request.
- Phone – Contact the Member Service Center at (978) 452-5001.
In person – Visit a branch near you and speak to a Member Service Representative.
- Mail – All notices of termination should be addressed to:
Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union
Attn: eMember Services
P.O. Box 1238
Lowell, MA 01853
Keep in mind, to avoid the monthly fee we must receive your notification by the last business day of the month.
9. I unenrolled from Money Compass, but want to use it again. What do I have to do?
You can enroll the same way you did the first time! Log into your online banking and go to your Settings. In the Accounts Tab, click Money Compass Settings. This will give you the option to subscribe. You can also visit the Budgets or Savings Goals widget, or select the Analytics Tab within each your account details. You will have to accept the Terms and Conditions again and select your funding account.
Money Compass recognizes how long you were previously enrolled. If you were enrolled for part of or all of your free trial period, it will pick up where you left off during your first enrollment period.